Advertising and Advertising Policy
How to Advertise
The Journal of Virtual Studies offers only three placements in our publication to help offset the cost of managing and maintaining the archive. The Journal has been regularly publishing since 2010.
Advertisers wishing to advertise in the Journal must first contact us to confirm your requirements and a description of your advertisement. Since space is limited, we will invoice upon acceptance.
For advertisement related questions or to request inclusion in an upcoming publication, please contact: Kevin Feenan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests for advertising must be received on or before February 28 (for Issue 1) or August 31 (for Issue 2) in order to be included in the upcoming publication.
If a special issue is being considered existing advertisers will be given first right of refusal to publish so long as such content meets our terms and conditions as outlined below.
Premium Inside Front Cover
1 Issue $385
2 Issues $755
Standard Inside Back Cover
1 Issue $275
2 Issues $525
Standard Back Cover
1 Issue $275
2 Issues $525
Ad Sizes and Dimensions
Full Page (float)
7.1875” W x 9.75” H
Logo (web) – Premium
320 pixels W x 240 pixels H
Logo (web) – Standard
270 pixels W x 200 pixels H
Advertisers must submit their camera-ready art, matching the exact dimensions of the specified ad, in one of the following formats:
- Press-quality PDF (with bleeds when applicable) or
- Full Page (float) 300 dpi PNG or JPEG (must be original minimum resolution)
- Logo (web) 150 dpi PNG or JPEG (must be original minimum resolution)
Terms and Conditions
- All advertisements and commercially sponsored publications are independent from editorial decisions. Rockcliffe does not endorse any product or service marked as an advertisement or promoted by a sponsor in Rockcliffe publications.
- Editorial content is not compromised by commercial or financial interests, or by any specific arrangements with advertising clients or sponsors. Editorial decisions will not be influenced by current or potential sponsors and advertisers, and will not be influenced by marketing decisions.
- Rockcliffe reserves the right to decline any type of advertising that is damaging to the brand of Rockcliffe or is inappropriate to the content held on the Rockcliffe network.
- Rockcliffe will not accept advertising for products or services known to be harmful to health (e.g. tobacco and alcohol products).
- Advertisements may not be deceptive or misleading, and must be verifiable. Advertisements should clearly identify the advertiser and the product or service being offered. Exaggerated or extravagantly worded copy will not be allowed. Advertisements will not be accepted if they appear to be indecent or offensive in either text or artwork, or if they relate to content of a personal, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, or religious nature.
- Once an advertisement has been deployed online, it may be withdrawn from the journal site at any time if the Managing Editor or Publisher request its removal for just cause.
- Advertisements should be independent of articles for publication and should not make direct reference to articles currently or previously published.
- Advertisements must be clearly distinguishable. Rockcliffe will not publish “advertorial” content.
- Advertisers and sponsors have no control or influence over the results of searches a user may conduct on the website by keyword or search topic.
- Payment via credit card must be received in full within 10 business days of receipt of invoice otherwise Rockcliffe may pull the advertisement from circulation and provide the space to the next available advertiser.